Spring has sprung and a new McTimoney Chiropractor has joined the team with a spring in her step!
Anna from Serenity Chiropractic uses the McTimoney method to adjust the bones of your body to improve skeletal alignment. In doing so, it helps your nervous system work more efficiently, relieves pain and discomfort and increases mobility.
Chiropractors focus on the spine and the neuro-musculoskeletal system and how conditions affecting these areas can affect your health and performance. Chiropractors are trained to assess the neuro-musculoskeletal system and identify restrictions, imbalances and dysfunction. Our care involves spinal and peripheral joint adjustments and mobilisations, application of soft tissue treatment and advice on exercise, self-help, diet and lifestyle where appropriate. Chiropractors do not use medicines or surgery and the gentle manual approaches we use are safe and comfortable to receive. 1
Chiropractic may be used regularly to help maintain good posture, promote health and improve performance, no matter what it is you do, from a high-performance athlete to a senior member of the community enjoying a potter in the garden.
To find out more about McTimoney Chiropractic, who it is suitable for and the potential benefits visit: www.serenitychiro.co.uk
A lot of us will be out and about, enjoying the lovely Spring days, whether that’s on a bike, walking, jogging or even Easter egg hunting!
A few top tips from our McTimoney Chiropractor ready for the Easter Weekend:
- When bending down gardening or hunting Easter eggs, squat or bend at the knees or kneel on both knees – keeping your spine upright
- If you are thinking of heading out on the bike after winter, make sure you stretch your legs properly and hold leg stretches for between 10-30 seconds each.
- If you are planning on going for a run – make sure your trainers still fit comfortably and that they provide good support – if in doubt visit your nearest running shop to have your trainers properly fitted to your running style.
- Fancy a spot of spring cleaning? Make sure you ask for help when moving heavy furniture around to clean under it. Also think about posture when hoovering and squat instead of hunching your back over.
To book an appointment with Anna, please contact the York Clinic on 01904 709688 or email York Clinic at firstname.lastname@example.org
- McTimoney Chiropractic Association – https://www.mctimoney-chiropractic.org/home.aspx